We had a completely wonderful time in North Carolina last week, so I wanted to share some of the highlights!
First off, the scenery was gorgeous. The photo above was the view we woke up to every morning. And there was a balcony with rocking chair right off the bedroom we stayed in! W loved climbing up into the chair and rocking the daylights out of it all of the time...
...a vigorous activity that usually led him to want a snack directly after...
...which was always a good idea, because of course we weren't just sitting around in rocking chairs all day! We had a few activities to attend to. Allow me to illustrate:
1. Making sure the playground equipment was in good working order
2. Perfecting golf technique with Great-Grandpa Budd
3. Hanging out lakeside with Grandma Riki
4. Going horseback riding and surveying the stables with a bunch of totally awesome cousins
5. Going fishing
6. Learning how to paddle a canoe
7. Visiting with a family of swans:
8. Making new (amazingly color-coordinated!) friends
9. Eating ice cream
10. Celebrating 65 years of love
playground and golf photos by Riki
feeding the ducks by Ariella
ice cream and anniversary embrace by Uncle Rob
all others by Yours Truly.